Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I thought for a long time about the things that I was thankful for in my life. I honestly thought that my list would very short. This has been a year of ups and downs, twists and curves and just some major disappointments. So when everyone started wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving I was polite when I voiced my "thank yous" but inside I screamed "WHAT DO I HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR???". So I embarked on this journey to discover what reason I had to give thanks. I am thankful to be alive. I am grateful because so many have passed. I am thankful for friends who make me laugh, make me think, and have my back when I need them. I am thanful for having shelter and food. The list goes on and on, but besides the obvious what am I thankful for? This morning when I woke up and went downstairs it became clear. I am thankful for those small little miracles that happen every day and can so easily be missed. I love how the re is that quietness in the house before everyone gets up to start the day. It's in these moments when I get in touch with my inner thoughts and gain peace to carry on through the day. I am thankful that I get to see the smiles and hear the laughter of my friends daily. I get strength and hope when someone tells me their story of good fortune. It brings me joy to open a book and just read for the fun of it. I am thankful that people sense something in me that gives them comfort in talking to me. I am thankful for this life I have been given. It isn't perfect nor is it glamorous, but it works for me. I give thanks for the drama, hurt and pain that I've gone through because without them I would not be who I am today. I give thanks to the joys, pleasures and happiness I have experienced because they too have made me who I am today.I love my life and I am thankful for it. I am thanful for those who have remained in my life and those who have passed through. I am just thankful to be me. So yes it is a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment