Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TONIGHT I CRY


Tears fall from my eyes. My heart aches. My mind is filled with confusion.
I am so angry because my voice is not loud enough to be heard over the cacophony of lies being spouted.
I feel so helpless.
I am supposed to be his help mate, but I have failed him.
My Black King is being mired down by a sea of negativity and I cannot erase it.
I feel defeated because I have not succeeded in showing the world his beauty and greatness.

He is brilliance personified. He shines with creativity and intelligence. His mind is incredible. He is always devising a plan to turn our goodness into our greatness.
He stands in the midst of his sons and daughters and they know they are truly loved and protected. They look up to him with eyes filled with love. They willingly and lovingly embrace his guidance.
He is strong, proud and confident. He walks with his head held high and with the knowledge of who God made him to be.

In his eyes I see my present and my future. He gazes at me with pure love. He sees beyond my outer appearence and looks into my soul. He sees me as God made me to be.
He is my mate. He is my protector. He is my lover.
He is my shield against a world that would rather see me beat down instead of lifted up.
He is my warrior when I feel overwhelmed and unsure.
He is my blanket when I need comfort and warmth.
He is my human handkerchief when tears spill from my eyes.
He is my support when I am weak.
He is my encourager when doubts plaque my mind,
He is my love.
He is my strong Black King.

And because I am his Queen I will not rest until the world sees him as I do.
Tonight I cry comforted in my loves arms.
Tomorrow I fight to bring him justice.
~ruthsbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment