Monday, May 16, 2011

SHINE

You can't stop my shine
      You can't stop my shine
You can't stop my shine

Negativity has surrounded me
Beating me down
Depleting my energy

Doubt has entered my mind
Immobilizing me
Diminishing my power

Words have wounded me
Causing my body to bleed
My life force seeping out

I have cried
Hidden myself from the world
Becoming invisible

I have swam in that sea of negativity
Gasping for breath
Aiming for the shore

I have slept in the bed of doubt
Tossing and turning
Seeking rest and peace

I have stood unshielded from the words
Body and spirit bruised
Wanting acceptance

Finally I had enough
I looked in the mirror
I saw myself
I accepted myself
Shining

You can't stop my shine
     You can't stop my shine
You can't stop my shine

~ruthsbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment