Saturday, June 25, 2011

2.5 INCHES EQUALS 912.5 DAYS

What if I said two and a half inches of hair is equivalent
to nine hundred twelve and a half days
What if I said my eyes are opened and I see you....
the real you
What if I said I know why you took such pleasure in
hitting me with your verbal assaults
What if I said I know why you tried to break me
What if I said I know you are a scared and scarred little
boy trapped in the body of a grown man

What if I said two and a half inches of hair is equivalent
to nine hundred twelve and a half days
What if I said that cutting off two and half inches of hair
freed me from the debilitating hold you had over me
What if I said with each snip the scissors made was like
the key turningin the lock of the cage I allowes you to
imprison me in
What if I said with each snip of the scissors I reclaimed the
essence of who I am... who I truly am
What if I said with each snip of the scissors I got stronger
and gained confidence
What if I said with each snip of the scissors I saw the beauty
I possessed
What if I said with each snip of the scissors I felt a calm of
peace and self acceptance wash over me
What if I said with each snip of the scissors I forgave you

2 comments: